Data ScientistYou like bits, bytes and bots?
- Work with internal and external prospects and customers to demonstrate the analytical capabilities in generating business insights from big data sets.
- Build reports and dashboards for customers to use to help make key daily business decisions
- Identify technical requirements and gaps with the team to implement solutions with an expectation to perform these solutions
- Develop algorithms to clean, format, integrate and evaluate large data-sets from multiple unrelated sources.
- Seek to recognize our customer’s wants and needs, by using statistical methods to provide answers, either as part of pre-sales proofs-of-concept or as a paid engagement.
- Work alongside our RPA developers to create new tools and features to support sophisticated analytics within different databases.
- Pull large data sets and create product analysis to discover and propose new product functionality and optimize existing services and systems
- You will be working with a cross-functional teams including Developers, Business Analyst, Product Managers, Subject Matter Experts and Operations leads across the globe.
- Become the subject matter analytics expert for our customers
- 5+ years of experience with data science and statistical analysis in a business, marketing science or social science environment
- Experience with dashboards and reporting tools such as Tableau and Qlik
- Ability to define data sets needed for specific use cases
- Ability to identify data gaps
- Experience with predictive models
- Expert SQL, Python or R
- Ability to learn and lead with minimal oversight, work on several projects at same time
- Have strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to explain and discuss mathematical and machine learning technicalities to a business audience
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
- 2 Weeks paid time off
- Health insurance
- Brand new computer
- Co-Working membership
Our People Make it Possible
At Velocity, we believe data and process are the most valuable asset a business can own. With the Velocity RPA platform, some of the most recognizable names technology, staffing and finance assess, document, automate and manage their business processes to increase efficiency, revenue and accuracy. Founded in 2014, Velocity RPA is headquartered in San Diego California and Austin, Texas.
What Motivates US
We are passionate about automation and value. We approach automation from a value-based perspective with our offerings and pricing inline with the value we create for businesses. Our customers measure success in their own ways and we encourage them to do so. We measure success by our customer’s joy, delight and efficiency. We love solving hard problems and are dedicated to our customers.
Velocity is a robotic process automation company excited to share our passion for driving incredible digital transformation for our customers. Founded by Joshua Baylin in 2014, Velocity RPA has its roots in financial data automation, cut our teeth on Social Media automation and refined our craft with ChatBots and enterprise application automation
We are looking for driven, world-class professionals who will fit into our work-hard, play-hard company culture. Our employees have traveled the world, worked at Bloomberg, Whole Foods and Ford Models. They’ve adopted dogs, been radio DJs, performed on the streets of New York City, graduated with MBAs, PHDs and can change a tire in under 5 minutes.