- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO and CTO including: managing a calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for meetings
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the CEO’s and CTO’s schedules are followed and respected.
- Communicates directly with Board members and others on matters related to organization’s initiatives
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns including those of a sensitive or confidential nature.
- Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Works closely and effectively with the CEO and CTO to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects some of which may have organizational impact.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks as determined.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members and external partners
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Emotional maturity
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Proficient in Microsoft/Google Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat etc.
Reporting directly to the CEO and CTO, the Executive Assistant provides support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the CEO and CTO. The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and community oriented. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.