Velocity Growth Website & Bot Application
Last Updated May 18th, 2016
- The types of information we may collect from or about you or that you may provide when you install, register with, access or use the Site and/or the Bot, and
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information and your choices about the collection and use of your information.
- Information we collect
- How information is used and shared
- Your choices and how to opt out
- Our analytics partners
- We use Twilio to verify customer identities
- Cookies, web beacons and log data
- We use a third party payment processor
- Application security
- Children’s privacy
- Links to other sites
- Notice to California residents
- Governing law
- Contact us
- Information You Provide to Us Voluntarily. We collect the following types of information that you provide to us voluntarily through the Site when you install and register to use the Bot in connection with the Slack Application: your name, e-mail address, home address, and phone number (collectively, your “Individual Information”). Payment card information is also required as further described in the section called “WE USE A THIRD PARTY PAYMENT PROCESSOR” below. Please note that Velocity Growth stores information about your purchases through the Bot so that we can alert you about new products, services and promotions that might be of interest to you.
- Usage Data We Collect Automatically. We or our Analytics Partners may automatically collect the following types of information about your access and use of the Site, Slack Application and/or the Bot (collectively, “Usage Data”):
- Aggregate Information. We automatically collect certain aggregate information and analytical data related to your use of the Site, Slack Application and/or Bot by using cookies or other automated technologies as described in the section titled “COOKIES, WEB BEACONS AND LOG DATA” below. Aggregate information is non-personally identifiable or anonymous information about you, including the date and time of your use, your device’s operating system or platform, browser information, the type of device you use, logs, the features that you accessed, and your messaging activities (collectively, “Aggregate Information”). We may use Aggregate Information for any purpose in our discretion. For clarity, Aggregate Information means information that is not associated with or linked to your personal information and does not permit the identification of individual persons.
- Analytics Information: Velocity Growth has also partnered with select analytics partners (“Analytics Partners”) to collect information about how the Site, Bot and/or Slack Application are used. Our Analytics Partners may collect information about access times and frequency, what features you use, and your activities while using the Site, Bot and/or Slack Application (including your messaging activities). Please see the section called “OUR ANALYTICS PARTNERS” for additional information.
HOW INFORMATION IS USED AND SHARED.
- Use of Information. We use the information we collect to make
- Retention of Information. We will retain Individual Information
and Usage Data for as long as you use the Bot and thereafter at our discretion. We will retain Aggregate Information indefinitely and may store it thereafter in the aggregate. If you’d like us to delete your Individual Information that you have provided to us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond within a reasonable time.
- Disclosure of information. We disclose Individual Information
and Usage Data as described below; however, we will not sell, rent or lease your Individual Information to any third party. We are not limited in our use of Aggregate Information that does not permit direct association with any specific individual or non-identifiable aggregate information about our users.
- Service Providers/Affiliates. We may share the information we
collect with companies that provide support services to us. These companies may need the information to perform their functions.
- *Acquirors.* As with any other business, it is possible that in
- Court Orders and Legal Processes. We disclose information,
including Individual Information and Usage Data, in response to a subpoena, court order or other comparable legal process.
- Other. We may also disclose information in order to (i)
protect and defend our rights or property, and/or the rights or property of our Customers, or third parties, as permitted by law, (ii) to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (iii) to enforce our Terms of Service.
- Direct marketing. We may send out marketing communications (such
as a newsletter) to our Customers to explain exciting developments with our business or to offer special promotions. We will only use your personal data for such direct marketing if you expressly give us consent to do so. You can always choose to stop receiving newsletters or other communications from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of a marketing message. Please understand that if you choose not to receive promotional correspondence from us, we may still contact you in connection with your relationship, activities, transactions and/or communications with us.
YOUR CHOICES AND HOW TO OPT-OUT.
- Uninstall the Bot. You can stop all collection of information by the Bot by uninstalling the Bot. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your device.
- Tracking. You can opt out of being tracked during your use of the Site, Bot and/or Slack Application by using your device settings
OUR ANALYTICS PARTNERS. Our Analytics Partners provide services that analyze information regarding your use of the Site, Bot and/or the Slack Application and help us to improve the quality and relevance of our Site and Bot and their features. In order to make sure you understand how our Analytics Partners handle your information and how they interact with our Site, the Bot and the Slack Application, we’ve listed our current Analytics Partners below, explained what they do, and shared hyperlinks to their terms and privacy policies. You should visit these pages, as Velocity Growth has no ability to control or monitor our Analytics Partners’ data collection or data use practices.
- Google Analytics (“Google Analytics”): We partner with Google Analytics to gain insight into our Site and the Bot and to improve your experience. Google Analytics’ terms of service are available here https://www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html, and its privacy practices are discussed herehttps://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/.
- HotJar (“HotJar”): Velocity Growth partners with HotJar to capture actual screen recordings associated with our Customer’s activities through the Bot. HotJar’s terms and conditions of use are available here https://www.hotjar.com/terms, and its privacy practices are discussed here https://www.hotjar.com/privacy.
For information on how to opt-out of the services our Analytics Partners provide, you can visit the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Consumer Choice website at: http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
WE USE TWILIO TO VERIFY CUSTOMER IDENTITIES. We partner with Twilio, Inc. (“Twilio”) to verify Customer identities using your phone number. To do so Twilio sends a text message to your phone with a 4-digit verification number. We and Twilio can only communicate with you by text message if we have your express consent. Please be advised that standard text messaging rates may apply as provided in your wireless plan and you will be responsible for all charges incurred from your mobile carrier for such communications. You may revoke this consent at any time.
- Twilio’s Terms of Service: https://www.twilio.com/legal/tos
COOKIES, WEB BEACONS AND LOG DATA .
- Web beacons. Web beacons are transparent graphic images placed in emails or web pages to record the simple actions of users. Unlike cookies, beacons are embedded on websites, not downloaded on your computer or device. Web beacons collect only limited information, such as time and date of a page being viewed, and a description of the page on which the web beacon resides (the URL). We may use web beacons to better manage content and to improve the use and efficiency of our Site and the Bot.
- Log Files. Log data collected on web servers supplies us with aggregate information about the number of visits to different parts of the Site, Slack Application and/or Bot. We may use such aggregate information to improve access to our content based on our visitors’ browsers and operating system types to make our content available to as many users as possible. We do not link “log data” collected to personally identifiable information.
The security of your Bot relies on your protection of your Slack Application and device and your passwords associated with each. You are solely responsible for any and all activities that occur on your device. We will never ask you to send your Slack Application password or other sensitive information to us in an e-mail. If you believe someone else has obtained access to your Slack Application password, please change it immediately. If you believe that an unauthorized access has already occurred or may occur please report it immediately to email@example.com You must promptly notify us if you become aware that any information provided by or submitted to the Site, Bot and/or Slack Application is lost, stolen or used without permission.
When your payment card information is being transmitted to our payment processor, it will be protected by encryption technology that utilizes Transport Layer Security (TSL) mechanisms for safely transmitting data. To be clear, we do not store your payment card information, and we do not have direct control over or responsibility for your payment card information. Our contracts with the Payment Processor that receives your payment card information require them to keep it secure.
We have implemented reasonable technical and organizational measures designed to deter unauthorized access to and use, destruction of, modification of, or disclosure of other personally identifiable information we collect. Regardless of the precautions taken by us, by you, or by our third party service providers, no data transmitted over the internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you provide all personally identifiable information at your own risk.
CHILDREN’S PRIVACY. The Bot, the Site and the VG Services are not directed to persons under the age of 13 and the Bot should not be installed by any person under the age of 13. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org We do not knowingly collect or solicit information from, market to or accept services from children. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES. Our Bot may interact with, facilitate functionality of, or contain links to, third-party websites. Those websites are governed by their own privacy and data use practices and policies. Velocity Growth does not have control over the privacy practices of the third parties operating these websites, and we have no control over how these third parties collect or use the information you choose to share with them.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS. If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by Velocity Growth to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident, please contact us via email at email@example.com or by mail at the address listed in the “CONTACT US” section below.
By e-mail:\ firstname.lastname@example.org
By phone:\ +1-970-239-0096
Velocity Growth, Inc.
Attention: Privacy Department
1155 Camino Del Mar #450
Del Mar, CA 92014
© COPYRIGHT 2016 | Velocity Growth, Inc., ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.